miércoles, 3 de octubre de 2012

Niki & The Dove - The Fox



Whenever she's weary, she climbs uphillAnd crosses a dark trail and there she finds the foxIn the wooden gladeShe lies by a rock and she's redShe smells of violets and piceaShe flicks her ears as I whisper
I've grown a handsome tall tree, motherAnd I want to bear a fruit for youAnd I've carried your fears and your hopes, fatherIt's so heavy on my back, oh you should knowCatch some sleep
I wanna find the eagle's nestOh take me with you, (Oh oh...)And I've been waiting a lifetime for thisAnd I'm ready, (Oh oh...)It doesn't leave me, I've been up all nightThey call me crazy, (Ooh ooh...)But I wanna see what the sky looks likeFrom your view, (Oh oh...)
But I saw your face carved in clay
And I saw (she saw) it outlined againstA purple sky, it goes loud and deep, beneathLoud and deep,My home is on that cliff
I wanna find the eagle's nestOh take me with you, (Oh oh...)I've been waiting a lifetime for thisAnd I'm ready, (Oh oh...)Whenever I wonder what I wanted all my life,They never knew me, (No oh oh, no oh oh)I wanna see what the sky looks likeFrom your view, (Oh oh...)
I've grown a handsome tall tree, motherAnd I want to bear a fruit for youAnd I've carried your fears and your hopes, fatherI'll conquer them for me and you
I've grown a handsome tall tree, motherAnd I want to bear a fruit for youAnd I've carried your fears and your hopes, fatherI will conquer them for me and you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario